Occasionally, when we plug in an appliance to an electrical outlet, you
may notice a slight spark of electricity. While it may be a frightening
sight, it’s important to know that this kind of reaction always
occurs. However, we don’t typically see it.
An outlet essentially supplies a certain amount of electricity to your
home, measured in quantities per-circuit. Average American household outlets
run around 115 to 240 volts, which is considered a fast and high output.
However, the following are signs that sparking outlets may be a problem:
The spark continues. If the spark persists after the initial contact, it’s imperative
to shut off your electricity at the panel, followed by unplugging your
appliance. A drawn out spark could mean that there is substantial damage
to your outlet wiring, making a possible for an electrical fire occur.
Please contact an experienced and skilled electrician immediately.
You notice a burning or smoky smell. This typically means that your outlet wiring has melted.
Bigger sparks. Multiple sparks or a larger-yellowish spark indicates that there is a
wiring problem that needs to be taken care of quickly.
In order to prevent any issues from occurring or worsening, you must determine
how old they are and either get them serviced or replaced. At
Lightning Bug Electric, our highly qualified Atlanta electrician can immediately identify the
issue and make the necessary repairs or replacements in order to give
you back your peace of mind. We understand how important our customers
are to us and we will do whatever it takes to keep you and your family safe.
Contact our Atlanta electricians to schedule your
service or repair today.