At the average American workplace, we’re so immersed with strict
deadlines and determined to reach our quarterly goals that we often overlook
certain circumstances which can prove beneficial to overall work productivity.
If you weren’t aware already, the lighting ambiance in the workplace
can affect productivity, energy levels, attention spans, mood, and even
Adequate lighting that lacks glare or shadows can help reduce eye fatigue
and headache. Increased visibility of possible safety hazards can also
prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
The following are suggestions provided by our
Atlanta electrician about proper lighting in the workplace:
- Use natural light as much as possible, with windows and skylights routinely
cleaned and equipped with blinds or curtains for control
- Lighting shouldn’t be bright enough to cause eye strain or cast shadows
over the main part of treads
- Clear and readable images on video display terminal (VDT), such as your
computer monitor, with the properly adjusted brightness and contrast levels
- Local lighting, which pertains to the lighting in your immediate work area
such as a desk lamp, should be well-positioned
- Ensure that your lighting system is properly maintained, since it should
be cleaned, repaired or replaced in order to prevent insufficient lighting
from affecting your workplace
- Lights can’t be obscured or blocked
- Avoid glare and reflections
- When it comes to reading materials, make sure the print is in a proper
size and could contrast well with the lighting
Lightning Bug Electric, our Atlanta electrician is highly qualified to determine if your workplace
is getting the right amount of lighting necessary to have a productive
work environment. Not only can we correct any lighting mistakes we encounter,
but we can also help you save money.
Contact us today and schedule a
service, repair, or replacement today.