Since scientists have proven that Global Warming is a serious threat to
our planet, we must do our part to help and minimize the damage our actions
inflict. While it’s great to contribute in a huge and meaningful
way, there are small steps that add up to make a substantial difference.
Common ways to use less energy include:
- Purchase energy efficient appliances.
- Unplug appliances, such as lamps and cellphone chargers, whenever they
are not in use.
- Connect devices which require remote controls, including televisions and
gaming consoles, on a surge protector and shut them of when they’re
not in use.
- Purchase local products, since it takes more energy to transport food and
other products from outside the country.
- Walk or ride your bicycle when you need to make short trips to places.
The following are tips on how to use less water:
- Take showers that only last for five minutes or less.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
- Only flush the toilet when necessary.
- Purchase foods and products from sustainable, eco-friendly producers that
use less water.
- Only run full loads of dishes and laundry
Lastly, we must always perform the three R’s: reduce, reuse, and
recycle. However, we typically don’t reuse as often as we should.
Whether it’s reusing old food jars and transforming them into vases
or using toilet paper holds to sow seeds for a vegetable patch, a little
creativity can go a long way.
For more energy-saving tips,
contact Lightning Bug Electric today.