If you plan on enhancing the overall quality of your home through remodeling or renovation, electrical upgrades are a marvelous way to fulfill your home improvement goals. Not only do electrical upgrades maximize your comfort and safety level, but they can even increase the value of your home if you plan on putting it up for sale.
The following are some popular home electrical upgrade options for your home:
- Replace electrical system. This is particularly true with older homes, since outdated electrical systems aren’t sufficient enough to power modern appliances and electronics. Homeowners who don’t upgrade their electrical system find themselves needing additional upgrades and wiring. There are plenty of energy saving options that can save you money in the long-run.
- Add ceiling fans. If you’re thinking about upgrading your light fixtures, try replacing them with ceiling fans instead. Having additional ceiling fans can make your home more energy-efficient.
- Install GFCI outlets. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlets prevent electrical shocks from occurring in wet locations of your home, including bathrooms, kitchens and outdoor areas. Having these in your home is a smart way to maintain a safe home.
- Install a dimmer switch. Useful in kitchen, living room and bedroom, having a dimmer on a light switch enables homeowners to have more control over their lighting and to create a lovely ambiance.
- Add wireless remote control lighting. If you want to upgrade your lighting to the next level, installing wireless lighting enables you to control all of your lights in your home at the greatest convenience.
If you’re looking for a qualified and trustworthy electrician in the Atlanta metro area, look no further than Lightning Bug Electric. Contact our Marietta electrical contractor to schedule your appointment today.