When the electricity in your home is experiencing problems or malfunctions, it can be difficult to figure out when giving your local Atlanta electrician a call is the best solution. However, you do not want to make a call for something that is not considered a major problem. So how do you determine what is considered an emergency or not?
First of all, any time you feel concerned or threatened about electrical safety, do not hesitate to reach out to a certified and licensed technician. The most important thing is your safety and comfort.
Furthermore, here are a few situations when you need to call for professional service:
- Loss of power. There are a variety of issues that result in loss of power, such as storms. To determine whether or not you need professional assistance to fix the outage, call your electrical provider to check if they know why your power is out. If they do not know, then the issue is derived in your home.
- A continuous issue. If you have been having a problem with a specific appliance or light source for longer than one hour, it is best to contact a licensed electrician immediately for preventative repairs.
- Buzzing or humming. Loud buzzing from a breaker box typically means a faulty breaker that is failing to trip, or perhaps due to poor wiring. A situation like this can be extremely hazardous and exposes your home to various electrical failures, so take care of this at once.
- Acrid or burning smells. Smells that resemble burning plastic usually indicates damaged wires, which can result in an electrical fire. If possible – and in a safe manner – shut off the power to that specific area and call an electrician immediately.
- Burnt outlets. If you notice blackened or brown marks around your outlets, they are most likely experiencing overloading and getting too hot. Call a professional electrician for assistance.
If you are interested in professional electrical work in your home or building in Georgia, contact Lightning Bug Electric and speak with our Atlanta electrical conductor today.