Are you considering under cabinet lighting? If so, it’s one of those features that are both aesthetic and useful at the same time. While under-cabinet lighting can add to the ambiance of a kitchen, it’s not as easy as screwing in a light bulb. Installation is more involved.
What are the advantages of under cabinet lighting? For starters, when lights are installed under a cabinet, the area is beautifully illuminated below a section of cabinets. We most commonly install this type of lighting in kitchens, where it makes it easier to see while preparing food, but it also enhances the aesthetics of the space.
Distinct advantages of under cabinet lighting:
- It can eliminate the need for installing light fixtures, making it cost-effective.
- It is an efficient use of light. It provides light directly on the counter where it’s needed, instead of wasting light that spills across the entire room.
- Under-cabinet lighting can be an efficient alternative to light fixtures that light up the entire room.
- Under-cabinet lighting is beautiful and pleasing to the eye and the senses. Not only does it enhance the ambiance of a kitchen, but it can also increase a home’s resale value.
- Due to its location, it’s almost completely hidden because it’s mounted under the cabinets.
- Because it’s installed below the head level, most people will not see the wires. Instead, they see the nice light that is cast down on the counter.
LED Light for Under Cabinet Lighting
We generally recommend LED lights for under cabinet lighting for many reasons. LED truly is the future of lighting because it offers so many advantages for homeowners, such as higher efficiency, longer lifetimes, more color options, and they are also non-toxic. If you are interested in learning more about under cabinet lighting in the Greater Atlanta Area, we invite you to contact Lighting Bug Electric today.
Next: Why Landscape Lighting?