Top 5 Signs It’s Time to Rewire Your Home

Bad Rewiring

No one wants to think about rewiring. It can be a huge expense and a major inconvenience. However, it’s also one of the most essential electrical services, both for old homes that need an upgrade and new construction projects as well. Keep reading for the top five signs it’s time to rewire your home, and remember to call Lightning Bug Electric for all the essential electrical services you need.

The 5 Main Reasons to Call for Rewiring Service

  1. Outlet Discoloration: If you have noticed that your outlets have a strange, discolored look, it may be because of loose connections in your wiring. Loose connections lead to sparks, which create small fires that can warp outlets/switches. Sparking is extremely dangerous, and a real fire hazard, so do not hesitate to call a professional if you notice signs of this in your home. At Lightning Bug Electric, we offer service to keep your outlets and switches safe and operable for years to come.
  2. Burning Smells: Another common sign that you may be dealing with loose connections in your wiring is a burning smell around your house. When sparks from your wires hit plastic, that plastic may start to melt, resulting in that burning odor you are detecting. You may not be able to see a burning casing, but even smelling one is a major sign something is wrong, so again, never hesitate to contact a professional if you notice this smell in your home.
  3. Flickering Lights: Flickering lights can be a nuisance on a practical level, but they can also be a sign of a hazardous situation in your wiring. Check your lights if this is happening in your home, as you may just be dealing with loose bulbs. If you find that the problem does not lie with your bulbs, then call an electrician to check your wiring and see if that’s where the problem lies. In addition to faulty connections, Lightning Bug Electric offers a range of lighting upgrades, so your home is always safe and well-lit at the same time.
  4. Frequently Tripped Circuit Breakers: If your lights are not only flickering but actually turning off all the time, then you’re probably dealing with a tripped circuit breaker. This happens in every home occasionally, when too much power is going to one electrical outlet. However, when circuit breakers start to wear down and trip frequently, then there’s often problems with the wiring they are attached to. Lighting Bug Electric offers home safety solutions for your circuit breakers and your wiring.
  5. Age: The older your home gets, the more the wiring is going to wear down. Older homes may also not have wiring that is up to relevant safety codes. Whether your home just needs some simple wiring upgrades, or whether you end up requiring whole-house rewiring, our electricians at Lightning Bug Electric can easily ensure your electrical system is completely safe and up-to-code.

Call Lightning Bug Electric now at (404) 471-3847, or click here to contact us online.