Your home’s electrical system has a lot to do with the electrical panel. We hardly, if ever, think about the electrical panel unless we have a problem. Hopefully, the electrical panel in your home will provide all the power you need to use a blow dryer, heat up a cold bedroom with a space heater, plug in all of your electrical appliances, keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, watch your favorite movies on Netflix, and light up your home as you conduct your daily and nightly activities.
Does Your Electrical System Need Updating?
The amount of power that comes into your home has to do with the electrical panel, circuit breaker, and electric meter. They also determine how efficiently and safely the electricity is distributed throughout the home. While the electric meter is a utility issue, a circuit breaker box or electrical panel is right up our alley as Atlanta electrical contractors.
Signs you may need to replace your electrical panel or add circuit breakers:
- Your home is at least 25 years old and the electrical has never been updated.
- Your electrical demands have increased because you installed major appliances, added rooms, a home office, or workshop.
- Your home is operating off of a recalled (and dangerous) electrical panel.
- When you reset a breaker after tripping, the power won’t restore or it won’t stay reset.
- The electrical panel is hot to the touch.
- There is evidence of the electrical panel warping from heat, or there’s evidence of a fire.
- When you turn on an appliance, the lights in the house dim.
- The circuit breaker trips on a regular basis.
The biggest, most important reason to do an electrical upgrade in an older home is your family’s safety. With old or faulty wiring, you run the risk of electrocution and electrical fires. If your home was built in the 1950s or 1960s, imagine the electrical demands of the day. Now, imagine the electrical demands in the 21stCentury – big difference.
If you think your home may be in need of an electrical upgrade, contact Lighting Bug Electric for the professional help you need.